Sunday 28 February 2016

My childhood

In our school we had children that came and go. I must have been ten, I don't know how they knew about me having head lies. I never had them at home. The nun took me in that room where we hardly used and she would put stinky stuff in my head cover it with white towel for awhile and she would pick the lies, like the gorilla and then brush with special black comb. I don't know who else had it they were nice about it. I bet no one knew I had them. She checked me few times after that and I was all good. I also remember in summer we had to help our gardener he was old and we had to water where he told the nuns. We were pumping water  which we all took turns and some carrying buckets to water the plants were needed, it took forever and it was very tiring. Our snack would be bread and butter and if there was extra the older ones would have it if they were still hungry, that's  how it was. We always played after lunch and dinner and we sang a special song at night which sadly don't remember it. We said prayers in the mornings and at nights, and also before and after meals. I think we were about twenty of us back then. Since our nuns lived on providence my mother used to bring what she had to spare we weren't wealthy but once she brought four of her best chickens and my sister put them in this room where she forgot to tell the man about them. They were locked up for a long time without food and water, they must have been laying eggs and eating them to survive, I know it was a month when someone remembered about them, you know what they lived. Some more of what I can remember next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment