Saturday 5 March 2016

Part of my childhood

We had to get up early and get ready for mass, that was a daily thing. Once in awhile, I felt like sleeping in so I played it sick. My excuse was a headache or a I didn't feel well. In summer though when we attended mass I often felt faintish and it wasn't just me. The special fun times that I remember where the Americans would collect all the institutes together and make us a very big party. there were the boys from the orphanage the girls' one and ours. We would talk to each other as we knew some of the girls from the other orphanages. We would eat plenty of food and playing games and Santa would be there giving us maybe lollies don't remember if we got presents.  We also went to Malta on the buses with the boys' orphanage to a lemonade factory. It was fascinating to see the bottles being washed and filled with lemonade, closed with a lid without no help from people. They gave each of us a bottle to drink, we ate like in a restaurant that they have organised for us and after that we went to a beach in Malta. On the way to the ferry, a boy sat next to me and we talked heaps. As a young girl talking with a boy was fun. lol. So far, I have seen a couple of girls that were with us and we treat them like sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment